Share your bedroom today!
Some people are not open to the idea of sharing their bedroom with their dog with reasons, like unwanted fur on your sheets or a soiled carpet. However, having your furry companion sleeping next to you in your bedroom actually has more pros than cons.
Recently, a study conducted by the Center for Sleep Medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona has revealed surprising benefits of letting your dog sleep in your bedroom.
A total of 150 dog owners took part in this study, with 56% stated that they share their bedroom with their dogs. In this particular group, 41% stated that they sleep better as their dogs’ companionship made them feel more secure.
Here are 7 benefits of sharing your bedroom with your dog:
- Having your dog sleeping near you helps to reduce stress and anxiety. Your dog’s presence will soothe you and ensure relaxation.
2. If your dog is in the same room as you, you know that your safety is in good hands. Dogs are fiercely loyal and will protect you, thus ensuring a sense of security.
3. Having your dog sleeping next to you also keeps you warm on cold winter nights.
4. Your dog will also feel better if you are nearby. The presence of your scent will allow your dog to relax and feel secure.
5. Your quality of sleep will also improve as you feel secure and relaxed.
6. With their unconditional love and loyalty, chances of depression will be lowered greatly as you know there is someone who will always be there for you.
7. Your dog can also be a source of physical comfort. Hug your dog before bedtime!
Having your dog sleeping near you in your bedroom is definitely worth considering indeed!